The Alliance is committed to providing a safe and healthy place for all our members, especially for Child Care. It is that important that the Alliance requires all positions on the Board of Management, Branches, Committees and any Special Purpose Teams to have a Working With Children Clearance (WWCC) or Exemption as an essential criteria. Some State Laws also require a WWCC Clearance or Exemption for anyone working with vulnerable people of any age or ability.
The Alliance further recognises its Duty of Care and responsibilities to provide a safe and healthy work environment for contractors, clients, visitors, staff, volunteers and the public.
Implementing a safe work place and care for the environment is the responsibility of all the Alliance personnel, members and contractors at every level of the organisation.
To achieve this policy outcome, the commitment and contribution of each and every member is sought through:
• Taking responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and their fellow members;
• Not compromising personal health and safety in the mistaken belief that other matters are more important;
• Considering health and safety as an integral part of all our activities.
The Alliance seeks to provide, maintain and promote a safe work environment and safety management system that is characterised by:
• A systematic approach to controlling health and safety hazards and risks through the development and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures;
• ensuring as far as practicable all activities conducted by members, volunteers and contractors are in accordance with relevant fraternity standards;
• effective management demonstrated by commitment and involvement at all levels of the Alliance and membership;
• effective two-way communication as an integral part of every activity and event;
• the provision of appropriate facilities, equipment, education, training and supervision for members, volunteers and contractors to ensure healthy and safe operational conditions and methods.
In its activities the Alliance seeks to provide and maintain so far as practicable a working environment that is safe and without risk to health, eliminates or controls event-related hazards and risks by:
• ensuring as far as practicable all operations conducted by members, volunteers and contractors are in accordance with relevant standards;
• the application of a systematic approach to identifying, assessing and controlling event hazards and risks;
• facilitating continuous improvement through periodic review of objectives and performance measures, systems, practices and procedures to ensure their continued effectiveness and relevance.